This is the current tomato base we put down on most of our pizza's. It is very quick and easy to make and taste's great! Give it a go!
The following should do about 10 small-medium sized pizza's. We just make it and freeze what we don't use.
In a food processor (or just mix yourself) put the following:
- 1x can of chopped/diced tomatoes
- 1x "tub" of tomato paste
- 2x tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2x tablespoons of chopped fresh basil (or 2 teaspoons of dried)
- 1.5x teaspoons of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of minced or chopped garlic
- 1.5 teaspoons of Marlborough sea salt flakes
Mix it up and that's it, easy as!